With the Current

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Virtual Machine

For the purposes of my LIS 525 course I am looking at a Live CD operating system.

This post is designed simply to test the ease of use of the Live CD for postings to my Blog. So far so good.

Outside of screen resolution issues - the refresh rate is too low causing lots of shimmering and it doesn't seem possible to alter the screen resolution - the process is the same only slightly slower than when working from the PC's operating system.

I shall post a more comprehensive commentary on the issue of public access computers in libraries soon. Stay tuned.

2 Comments:

  • The applications do take a mighty long time to start up though ...

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:01 a.m.  

  • I actually find that most load up faster than those on xp on my laptop. but that may be due to the fact that i need to defragment the drive.

    By Blogger Alex, at 5:21 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home