With the Current

Thursday, November 16, 2006

I'm Back: Student in UCLA Library Tasered

For the two or possibly three people who look at this Blog I decided to make an effort to post some stuff I find interesting and to keep you up to date with information on post-library school events. Hopefully, you too will find it interesting. To keep with the theme of the earlier posts, the bits and pieces you find here will be mostly library and/or book related.

Since the last posting I completed my MLIS degree at the University of Western Ontario. It was terrific experience. The best part was meeting some really wonderful people. Now, as I look for full time employment, and I am busying myself with a couple short-term research contracts, I will make a concerted effort to keep this Blog up to date.

The interesting, and horrifying, library news comes from the UCLA Powell Library where, according to Bruins Nation, campus police tasered a student. From the Daily Bruin there is this:

"It was the most disgusting and vile act I had ever seen in my life," said David Remesnitsky, a 2006 UCLA alumnus who witnessed the incident.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home